Sunday, October 14, 2007

30 days....

As I sit here on a Sunday, I look back at the last month and ponder all the changes that have happened and all the changes that will happen.


It has been over 30 days since we knew of Ricky.

It has been over 30 days since we got his pictures.

It has been over 30 days since we have turn in our Letter of Intent to China for Ricky.

It has been over 30 days since I have now become a mommy to 2! Even though I don't have him yet, I have become emotionally attached to this little guy.

Part of me thinks time is flying by, while the other part is saying hey slow down you have too much stuff to do.


No more counting LID months.

No more worrying about how long this process is going to take.

No more stressing over the lack of referrals from CCAA.


I'm the type of person that needs that end date. That is what has made the wait so hard for me. Well my end date should be coming soon. We are thinking either late December or early Jan.

We are now waiting for our social worker to update our homestudy. It has been a week since we met with her. I was hoping to see the update this weekend. We need to have the update done in order to get refingerprinted for the USCIS. We didn't get the update.

There is a family from Peachtree City that is traveling to the orphanage this week to pick up there daughter. She has offered to try to get updated pictures of Ricky. I'm hoping that she is successful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting once you have seen your kids face feels like the hardest part. Especially when the wait is longer than a month.

4D said...

I am happy for you. I hope the rest of your wait goes by quickly.

Keep smilin!

"M2" said...

ok....obviously late reading this.
hope the time flies for you
and location of the kid would be lovely as well

Ashley Winters said...

Congratulations on your referral! Wishing you the very best.