Sunday, January 13, 2008

Packing is done!

We are done packing except for some odds and ends.

For in China travel, you are limited to 1 checked in bag which has to weigh less than 44 lbs.

So Bill, Emily and I each have a rolling duffel bag. We still have room and weight to go! Very good.

We packed 3 sets of clothing each (t-shirt, pants, and fleece top) plus a rain jacket. 3 pairs of pj's and socks /underwear. Oh on the underwear front, I'm tossing underwear as we go so I will pack 16 pairs of underwear _ a good time to clean out the old granny panties! I have this thing about strangers washing my underwear. Bill thinks I'm nuts. We packed one set of clothing (so that's number 4) in our backpacks (we each have one - Emily's is a rolling backpack) We are wearing 1 set of clothing on us so that makes 5 sets of clothing for 16 days in China. We will be doing the laundry service every couple of days. Ricky's stuff is packed with Emily's stuff.

I think I have packed everything but the kitchen sink --I did pack kitchen tongs for washing bottles though! My packing list was pages long and we have fit everything in. I feel very accomplished. We even have room in our backpacks! Normally, I'm a pack horse so this has been a challenge for me. I may have to through in a pair of shoes for good measure! So far, we are just wearing sneakers.

5 comments:

Mamacita said...

Ooooh, this is so exciting. Well done on the packing list! You are indeed a woman after my own heart! I start mentally packing WEEKS before a trip. Then a couple weeks before the trip I start making piles of stuff that needs to go. At the end, I organize it all and make it fit! Don't worry, you can get rid of anything that you don't need by leaving it for other adoptive parents who might forget something after you! yay! You're really going!

Anonymous said...

I want you on the plane already. Have fun this week.

Diane said...

You're finished packing already!?!? I'm mostly done, but Lee hasn't even started. I can't wait to hear all about your journey, can't wait to see pictures. Good luck, congrats, happy and safe travels...wishing you all of the best!

Michele said...

You sound better at this packing thing than I was.

Safe and speedy travels.

"M2" said...

Yes......I'm excited for you as well.
Good job with the packing... now if the weather will cooperate
all will be good.
fingers crossed for you....

go get that kid!!!