Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pencils Needed to Remember 1.5 Million Children

I usually do no openly solicit for things but I feel like this is an important cause. It is important that we as society do not forgot the Holocaust. The Holocaust happened because people did not respect people's religion, race, and ethnicity. We need to continue to teach our children that no matter what religion, race, or ethnic background you are, you are still a person.

On that note, I am soliciting for donations. Please continue to read below.

Did you know that 1.5 million children died in the Holocaust?

As part of our Temple's rememberence service, we have started a project to collect 1.5 million pencils. We have a hard time understanding the concept of a number that large. To show us how large a number that is, we would like to demonstrate it in collecting pencils.

Pencils for children who never had the chance to grow up and reach their fullest potential.

Please consider donating a box of new pencils.

I will be collecting them until Holocaust Remembrance Day which is April 21st, 2009.

Please email me at pencils4children@yahoo.com and I will send you my address to send the pencils to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is very important to remember! While traveling in Europe I was able to visit one of the prison camps, it is something I will never forget!