Friday, June 05, 2009

Yeah Momma!

This is what I get greeted to every morning when I go wake up my little monster during the week.

I finally really think we have tipped the over to the good side of the adoption. Just life. It is a new life, a better life because of Ricky.

Something that is not talked about alot but needs more attention is post adoption depression. I wish people would talk about it more as I have learned it is more common.

I had it bad - really bad. I hid it from everyone because this was suppose to be a happy moment in our lives. It was hard not to love a boy who all that wanted was to be loved. There was a lot of guilt and anger.

Eventually I grew to love Ricky. He is something special and I'm lucky to be his mom.

1 comment:

Cavatica said...

Depression sucks! I was so terrified of PAD, because I've been depressed before. Luckily, it didn't happen for me. I'm so glad you are coming out the other side. You have an awesome family!