Monday, April 24, 2006

Almost done with the paperwork!

I am a woman on a mission!

We are basically done with our paperwork chase. My physical was this past Friday. I will be picking it up hopefully Wednesday from the dr. Then I'm off to CCAI to have everything notarized then county certified, then state certified, then Chinese Consulate authenicated. so within the next week or so -- everything will be off to Houston Chinese Consulate.

Our NY documents went to the NY Chinese Consulate today. It was sort of hard to let it go. I double checked everything twice.

We also got an email today that we can send out our I600A to the the USCIS (use to be INS). This is the last of the paperwork that needed to be completed. This particular process will take typically 6 weeks to get approval. So if and I say if, everything goes as planned we could be possibly be DTC'd (dossier to China) by sometime in July I hope. Then you start counting 10-12 months for a referral.

To think I was going to pay someone lots of money to do this chasing around. It wasn't really that bad as long as you are organized!

After all this paperwork is done, I will be able to concentrate on the fun stuff -- the baby!!! The baby's room etc....

I ordered some books on Amazon to help Emily out in understanding Adoption. She knows we are going to China (yep, we are taking her!) when she turns 7 (next June). I'm not sure if she completely understands what that means or how it will impact her life as she knows it. Plus the baby won't look like her -- I don't think that has even crossed her mind yet.

Jen

No comments: