Friday, August 25, 2006

Roller Coasters


You might wonder what a roller coaster has to do

with adopting a baby from China. Well I think we warned that international adoption is sort of like a roller coaster ride. There are a lot of ups and downs. It looks like once we became DTC (maybe it was there before, but I was so concentrated on the paperchase), we have official stepped onto the roller coaster. Today is sort of a down day, the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs -- the Head Honcho's who do referrals for China), sent referrals from July 14th to July 22nd 2005. Only 7 business days. What was weird about this notice is that usually the European Adoption agencies know ahead of time when referrals are coming and what the cutoff date is. US agencies typically follow suit later. Well whatta ya know....know one knew! Referrals came to some US agencies yesterday and people starting posting their referral notices.

I'm trying to be optimistic about this but if they only refer 2 weeks at a time (keep in mind they only referred 1 week), it will be a 2 year wait. I won't even specualate what happens if they only keep referring 1 week to 10 days at a time.

I'm trying not to have a sad day. I just thought in the next couple of months we would see things pick up and the Head Honcho's stick to the 12-14 month referral past.

Bill is the optimist in the family right now. I'm trying not be a pessimist but more of a realist. After having so many disappointments in regards to fertility, I feel the need to guard my heart against disappointment.

It is a good thing my stomach can handle roller coasters but right now I'm not sure if my heart can.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Jen

No comments: