Friday, May 30, 2008

Just Beautiful!



When Emily was a baby, I had someone do a pencil portrait. Here is a snapshot of it.

This picture was taken of Emily just after her Grandma Pat (Bill's mom) died. I always look at it and reminds me of Pat because I think Emily is looking up to heaven.


I always knew when we had a second child I would want another pencil portrait. I just didn't know who would do it. Well I found the perfect person - a fellow adoptive mom, Maia, to be (she is adopting a beautiful baby girl with cl/cp) who happens to be an wonderful illustrator. We just got Ricky's picture. It is beautiful and captures him perfectly.


We just now need to get it framed! This is a picture of the portrait that Maia sent us.





3 comments:

Cavatica said...

That's awesome!

Rhonda said...

Stunning...

Maia said...

Thank you, Jen. So sweet of you to post this, and it was an honor and a pleasure to do Ricky's portrait!