Wednesday, June 25, 2008

5 months with us...

Ricky has now known us for 5 months. I believe we have come a long way with our bonding. He is truly a joy. I can look back at my journaling and I had such a rough time at the beginning. I never thought I would be where I am today with him. So for those who are going through this now or will be going through the bonding in the near future - it does get better. It is worth all the tears and agony I went through. I cannot fathom our life without him. Things are different for the family and we are still sort of struggling with our schedules and enough time for everything but we are working on it.

Bill and I are in constant amazement on what a clown he is. I say it with love that he is a clown.

As far as his strep and palate. I think the new antibiotics are working. Hopefully we will knock this out. We took him to see Dr. Burstein yesterday - our craniofacial guy. His palate looks really really good - that are his words. He also checked for fistulas - nothing. So all we have is a small opening in the back - not an issue. Nothing is infected, nothing is ripping open.

As far as speech not much progress - he is babbling alot... I cannot get him to do a B on a consistent manner. Just m's. He did say Mama to me. So I will count that as his first word.

I will try to get some updated pictures this weekend.

6 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

What a little trooper... take care

Special K said...

I'm so happy to hear the good report. We really need to get the boys together.

Anonymous said...

Time flies, doesnt it? Glad he is on the mend.

Cavatica said...

You have earned each other. That rocks!

Carrie said...

Our prayer our with you little man! glad to hear he's bonding so well!
-Carrie

Andrea Nielsen said...

Love hearing about the changes! I am so glad you all are settling in to being a family and the Ricky is doing so well. Blessings to you and your family.