Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Strep

Well Ricky has strep. Normally in a non-cleft child this wouldn't be a big deal.
Ricky was on Omnicef to get rid of Sinus Infection. We were on week 3 of the prescription. We were doing better. Bill and I thought we finally got this under control. Well nope!
On the drug that is suppose to treat strep, Ricky got strep.

Ricky's palate didn't close all the way. He has an opening way in the back. We knew it, the surgeon knew it - told us not to worry. Well now he may have strep up the opening. Which isn't good. It can deteoriate the palate closing - meaning like a zipper effect it can open. We are now on super duper meds plus we have to see the plastic surgeon next week.

This kiddo cannot catch a break.

7 comments:

Special K said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Hope this infection gets under control quick!

Mamacita said...

Oooh, I'm so sorry for you! I know how much it sucks for a kid without a cleft palate to have strep....I cannot fathom how your little guy feels!

And I feel for you guys too because I know you get little rest when he's feeling so rough!

hang in there!

Snowflowers Mum said...

SUCKS!

Unknown said...

Hope everything heals quickly

Cavatica said...

Yuck!-- Triple yuck, given the cleft. But, he's adorable, as always!

Carrie said...

Sorry to hear of all this -our prayers go out to you and little Man!

Special K said...

How is Ricky doing? I hope he's healing and the strep is kicked to the curb.