Friday, December 12, 2008

Home!

We got home this afternoon.
He started eating last night - chocolate pudding, chocolate ice cream and applesauce - very little drinking.
He had to get 3 IVs....ummm trying to juggle Ricky in my arms, I ripped out 2. One led to major blood fest - looked like a scene from CSI - blood pools on the floor, blood everywhere. My pants were covered in blood and when I stripped my skin was stained red.
Very little sleep was had by mommy as I had snoring boy sleeping next to me and snoring husband on the couch.
I'm constantly amazed by several things
1) how much he wants me. Wanting mommy is instinctual. Even with the bad times I have had with him, he knows mommy loves him. I have carried him everywhere, held him in many chairs, and rocked him to sleep.
2) how much I do love him. I have to remember this during our struggles.
3) how little kids seem to snap back. We are home and he is about 85% himself.
I had a big episode of crying as I had to remember that when he was in China, he had no one to rock him, to console him, to sleep with him when he had his lip repaired.
I'm home next week with him and he should be back to daycare by the week of Christmas.
Thank you all for holding my hand virtually in this. It definitely helps!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I had been there!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and he is on the mend.

Barbara said...

Glad you're home and all is well

kitchu said...

I'm always amazed at how much blood comes out of of those IV's when they come out... glad he's through the surgery and recovering. I can't imagine how it made your heartache thinking of those China days he endured. I try to imagine his strong spirit though and the hands of some unseen force getting him through in those times when there is this illusion of us being alone.

Cavatica said...

So hard to think of them alone in those terrible times. Glad he has you now - and you him. Keep us posted on his progress!

Maia said...

I was SO sure I was gonna rip out an IV on QQ's long surgery night...she wouldn't let us sit or lie down with her so we were staggering exhausted aruond this darkened room full of wires and tubes all night. Somehow, they all stayed in.

Hope he is feeling much better!