Thursday, November 19, 2009

Guardian Angel

I have a small brag about myself. Rarely I brag about myself.

Most of you know I do volunteer work for Love Without Boundaries.
I got an email from an adoption agency - I'm on their list for SN kids that are available. No we are not adopting again.
This email stated that a SN boy age 13 was aging out of the China adoption program. Once you turn 14 you cannot be adopted by Chinese law. Several times this agency tried to find a family. Twice a family said that they would adopt him. Twice it fell through. Now a third family stepped up and gave this boy his dream - a family. They had 4 weeks to complete this adoption. They have to be in China by mid Dec.
This special family was already adopting a SN girl. They got approved for this second adoption.
Except they had no funds to complete this adoption.

I saw he was in our LWB program. Well I sent a email to our medical director who sent an email to LWB board of directors. This family got an LWB grant.

Today I was this boy's guardian angel.

What a feeling.

I can make a difference.

When I started my work with LWB, I wanted to make a difference. My work with LWB is on the admin side - tracking donations. I didn't think I could see the difference I was making.

Well today I saw I can make a difference for children in China.

What a feeling.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Absolutely wonderful! You certainly deserve a pat on the back and a "Good Job". Yes, we can make a difference one child at a time.

Anonymous said...

very good for you.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

WOW that must be an awesome feeling!! good for you:)

Snowflowers Mum said...

Jen...that is amazing! Well done! It's nice to know that there are people looking out for these children!

Good for you! That little boy is very lucky!

Donna said...

YEAH! Love love love to help others bring home their babies!!