Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Little Stinker

No I'm not talking about Poop..

I'm talking about Ricky.

Ricky is delayed in some cognition areas mostly due to speech. But we are beginning to make strides in these areas because he is finally starting to talk.

For many months, we have been going over colors.

He can sort his colors. We play with different color army men and he will sort them into different stacks.

I have been trying to teach him Red, Blue, Green, Black, White, Yellow.

He finally got it. I have a set of cards that teach colors. He got them right. At first I thought he was just guessing. So then I pulled out a toy that each bug is a different color. He got them right. I think he knows his colors.

The reason for the stinker - he LOVES to give you the wrong answer just to see what reaction he gets. I asked him what color was my jacket - he said Yellow (it was black). He smirked. I raised my eyebrows. He said Black. Then I said what color is Sissy's jacket. He said like Mama - black.

What a stinker!

He does this all the time with animal sounds. Pigs go meow, dogs go oink oink, cats go moo. He laughs hysterically when he does this.

He also now knows his shapes as well - square, circle, triangle, heart, and star!

Oh yeah, one more thing to make him laugh - for some reason he things the word butt (as in your behind) is funny. You say butt and he laughs till he drops on the floor!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a smart kid. Very smart.

Michele said...

You've got a real joker there. I wonder what he will come up with for April Fools Day, once he understands what it is.

Snickerdoodle said...

He'll keep laughing at the word "butt" for about the next 40 years! It's a boy thing!! heh heh heh

Snick :)

Cavatica said...

"Butt" funny? He's all boy!