Sunday, October 22, 2006

Things to work on.....

I have list of things that I need to work on. However, have yet to get motivated. This is how I see us.....fast forward 12 months or so.... [yes, I'm being positive about the wait ] We still don't have the baby's room done, we are rushing around trying to get things done.... You might wonder why I think this way, well with Emily, it was done like this:

Bill and I were living in the basement of his parents house. We decided to move in to help out his mom and dad. His mom had breast cancer that went to the bone and was fighting a tough battle. They would loose the house if we didn't move in. So the plan was that we would remodel the downstairs and make it an inlaw suite complete with kitchen, living room, bathroom and 2 bedrooms. They would move downstairs and we would move upstairs. Well....7 months into pregnancy, nothing was complete yet. We painted Emily's room when I was 8 months pregnant. Everything was such a rush.

Now that we have all the time to prepare for number 2, you would think it would get done.

The baby's room is currently our office and junk room. In order to clean out the junk, I need to clean out our large hallway closet. This is where most of the junk needs to go... The office is going into a corner of Emily's playroom. Yes this child has a playroom all her own but a word for the wise....it doesn't work. She drags all her toys out to the living room to play and then leaves them there until I yell for cleanup. Then she drags them to her playroom -- everything just thrown in -- until I yell for cleanup. The office in Emily's playroom will be wireless so we can be on both the pc and laptop at the same time.

The baby's room has yucky paneling on the walls (and no drywall behind them)..So we have to tear the paneling down, dry wall, paint, carpet and decorate. At the same time this is done, the hall way which still has yucky paneling up will get the same tear down and drywall/paint action. These are the last two areas of the house that have the yucky paneling up. We have taken all of it down.

As far as the theme for the baby's room, it will more than likely be generic for either a boy or girl. I have found a cute alphabet/jungle animal pattern that will work for a boy or girl. Although, I have dreams of Bill repainting the room upon referral if it is boy so he can have his sports related nursery -- like the Georgia Bulldogs or NY Jets..... He says he isn't going to do this but.....I think he will.

Referrals for the next group should be coming soon......I hope and pray it is large.

Jen

1 comment:

Kelly (Mike, Zane and Mia Jade) said...

You mentioned being a Dawgs fan but Jets too - oh boy! I don't know if this relationship can go on! Just kidding! I haven't even thought about decorating the baby's room - I'm leaving that activity until at least 2007! But I do think it will be mermaids - our entire house is like a seaside store!