Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Reminders of the Past.....

February for us (as a family) is crappy month.....Bill's mom and grandmother died in February. Bill's mom's anniversary of her death is tomorrow. We all miss her very much. Sad to think she hasn't seen Emily grow up to be the little girl she always wanted.

Yesterday, I was reminded of another event....it wasn't like I forgotten...it was just there. Yesterday, I was home with Emily. She had strep throat over the weekend and I kept her home yesterday. I got the mail and there it was. The reminder that I was trying hard not to think of.

It said "Congratulations on being 24 months old" Huggies coupons. I don't have a 24 month old.

We lost a baby over 2 1/2 years ago in the first trimester. People called it a miscarriage. It was very much a baby to me. When we found it we were pregnant, it was truly a miracle or so we thought. Emily was an infertility baby. This baby was o'natural. Well in the excitement of it all and a bit naive at the time, I signed up for that Babycenter website, month to month guide on your pregnancy. Heck it was over 4 years since we had a baby. I needed to read up. Well they sold my name without my permission to a bunch of companies. I didn't sign up for that when asked. Well, the baby wasn't meant to be. Yet, I guess the advertisements were. I started getting them just months before the baby was due...it ranged from actual formula samples, coupons galore, picture coupons, ect... I had a bit of time to get over the miscarriage (you never really get over it), then slam, whack you in the face, these items started appearing.

Well come to find out, they are still coming 2 years later. Bill has been sparing me from them in the mail. I didn't realize they were still coming. Thank-you Bill -- I love you sweetie for doing this. I had a good cry over this stupid huggies coupon. I often wonder about that baby -- what he/she would be like. I better stop....the tears about to flow again.

On a positive note, it was one of the major factors that led us to where we are today. Adopting a baby from China..

Just remember, even though I didn't get to meet you, I love you little one.

7 comments:

"M2" said...

reaching through screen to give you a hug right now.

Anne Marie said...

Take care, Jen. We are listening and we'll go slap those coupon people silly if you want.

Joelle and Chandler said...

Been there and done that! Screw Huggies, anyway - my sister told me that Pampers are the ONLY WAY TO GO. Hang in there -

. . . and ditto what New Girl said!

Anonymous said...

It's difficult the way the past catches up with you so quickly sometimes. And you're right- you never really get over it. Slowly, but surely, it just becomes more of a part of who you are, what you have experienced in your life.

Wishing you peace and happiness on the road to your adoption.

Debra Sue said...

What a great guy sparing you that heartache!

Thinking of you and Bill during this rough time. Stay strong.

Oh yeah...Huggies Sucks!

aimeeg said...

Thinking of you lots during this tough month.

dreamer said...

You already know our story most likely, I poured it out on the ALTS and blog about it often. Sophia died at 32 weeks and we delivered her the next day.

We still get the mail for her for those monthly milestones, for the first year it enraged me, life insurance offers, coupons, congrats...

When we moved states I thought for sure we were in the free and clear, no more mail... junk mail doesn't get forwarded. turns out they found our new address and after a 6 month hiatus the crap has returned.

I understand your pain and I'm always here to talk to.

Hugs.