Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Three Months With Us

Ricky has been with us for three months. Hard to believe. It seems like a lot longer. Life has definitely changed. Mostly for the better - I still miss the old life but it does give me great joy to see Ricky and Emily interact. Emily having a brother..a sibling... is probably the best thing we did for her. She is growing as a person as she is learning on how to share and adjust to a sibling.

As far as Ricky, I think we may have turned a corner in his recovery. He is now off the codeine (well except for a dose late last night). He is only on Tylenol and his mouth doesn't seem to bothering him as much. He ate 5 mini pancakes for breakfast and had some milk. This was a good breakfast for him. Last night he also ate a good dinner so we are seeing improvement.

Now we just need to work on the sleep AGAIN. Boy, bill and I are both very tired. He is waking up 1-2 times a night. He went to bed around 9:30 pm, woke up at 12:30 am, then again at 6:00 am, then finally for the day at 7:15 am. So he did give us at least several hours in the middle of the night - an improvement. unfortunately for me, I have a hard time falling asleep after being woken up. I didnt get to sleep until almost 2 am.

I will try to post some updated photos later. I have to get them off the camera. Blogger is also having issues uploading photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we have been reading all your blogs Jen, we dont have long distance , give a call sometime

Love Ken and cindy

Michele said...

One day at a time...we've had sleep issues after illnesses. It will be better again.

Hugs to all!

Cavatica said...

Three months -- wow. Hope you all get to sleeping again.