Wednesday, April 16, 2008

We are home from Surgery

Sorry I couldn't post an update. Childrens Hospital blocks blogspot. I forgot how to email the blog.

The Fast Facts

1. Ricky didn't have anything to eat since 7:30 pm the night before. He did great. Didn't even ask for food. Surgery was scheduled for 9:20.

2. They did take us on time!

3. Surprise to us, they didn't knock him out before taking him away from us. They gave him a sedative but he wasn't knocked out yet. He went with no problems. Mommy cried though.

4. Procedure was done within 1 hour. Wow a quick job! Ear tubes, gum reconstruction and palate repair.

5. Thank god for Childrens Hospital of Atlanta - it was a wonderful experience - well as best as can be expected. They definitely made it easier.

6. 4 hands are better than 2. Bill was going to go home that evening to take care of Emily. Well after reading the Straights blog I told Bill he be better stay. Thank God. Ricky had a tough 2 days. Didn't want to be let down. We always had to hold him even when sleeping.

7. No drinking from Ricky led us to another night in the hospital. On Tuesday he started to eat, I cried. Still no real drinking. We think his gums are bothering him. Dr. visited us and told us we could go in the am if he is eating.

8. Ricky ran laps Tuesday afternoon around the nurses station.

9. Let's pray for a good night of sleep for all - Ricky in crib and Mommy/Daddy in bed.

4 comments:

Special K said...

I'm so glad Ricky's doing well. I hear you met Amy. Best wishes for continued healing.

Donna said...

Glad you guys are home. Hope you have some peaceful nights! And yes, 4 hands are definately better than 2 :)

Cavatica said...

Glad you're home!

Mei Mei Journal said...

We are praying for Ricky and his family. I am amazed they did his surgery so quickly! I am so glad this is over with. I was looking through Paige's pics from the SWI and I found one with Ricky. I will get it to you.
April