Saturday, August 02, 2008

3rd Grade plus Pictures

Emily started 3rd grade on July 31st. Yep, school started already. Each year, I take a picture in front of this door. I will have to pull out the years to see how much she has grown. We are going to have a busy year. Emily tried out for the local Academy Under 10 soccer team. She just turned 8 and she was accepted into the program. In order to participate in this league you have to try out. She does get to travel to local soccer clubs which is different than the rec league she was playing. If she sticks with this, she will play in this program for 2 years then move up to the select team. She had to give up dance to do this as we cannot do both. She loves soccer and definitely has a talent for it - I'm biased of course but I think she is very good for her age. Who the heck knows where she got this from as Bill and I both have 2 left feet. She will be practicing 2 nights a week with games on Saturday. I hope she sticks with this as this can lead to many opportunities as she gets older.


Ricky in an outfit given to him by one of my buds on the the best adoption board out there. It is great outfit!

Ricky just loves his big sister. Most days start with Ricky signing Emily and going over and cliimbing into her a lap and getting a hug. He imitates everything she does and they have a great time playing together. You would think the age difference would make a difference. It definitely doesn't at least at this point. She loves to play with him and him with her. It is very cute to see them play and it is terrific to here them both laughing at the same time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This seems very early to be starting. She looks cute though. I want to see the progressive pictures of her in front of the door.

Anonymous said...

Wow school starts early where you are? We have another month.

I am so jealous I hope my two dds can get along as well as Ricky and Emily.

Cavatica said...

Great pics... and I agree with MMO, progressive pics in front of that door would be cool. Glad she's enjoying soccer.