Friday, June 23, 2006

fingerprints are done

Well we went to get Bill Sr's fingerprints redone. I was armed and ready to ask for a sworn statement (this is the next step in case these fingerprints don't pass). They told me they don't do a sworn statement (contridicts what our agency stated). They said they will take the best prints. He got 2 sets done today.

I called our agency afterwards and she said that they have never heard of this but things change so who knows. If we don't hear back in a week we can assume everything is okay. I also asked about the wait for the I171H -- I didn't know if the wait was from when the home study was done or when the last fingerprint was taken. They said when the home study was sent in. So that date is June 7th. They are stating it could take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks now. Let's hope on somewhere in the middle 6 weeks. I would love 4 weeks.

Other news is that CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs -- the China Gov't) matched up to June 28 2005. So the referral wait is about 12 months from your logged in date (LID) to China.
Here is a picture of the news :
Everyone on all the China boards looks anxiously for this announcement. I will be eyeing this as well as this will tell us how long the wait will be.

I have set up a Picture taking appointment with Picture People on July 14th. We need to have 3 couple pictures and 8 family life pictures to represent us. So far we have very little taken. So....I'm forcing us to go to Picture People. They do a good job. We will get a couple of couple pictures then some pictures with Emily.

We are going to Florida in a week so hopefully we will snap some more.

Jen

No comments: