Thursday, June 15, 2006

Update 6/15/2006

It has been a bit since I have updated. My paperchasing has slowed down to a crawl. We are almost done. We were fingerprinted on May 19th. My inlaws needed to get fingerprinted as well since they live in our inlaw suite. Father-in-laws fingerprints were rejected. We found out about a week after May 19th. He needs to go get refingerprinted on June 22nd. This puts us back on getting the I171h (document needed from Homeland Security) about one month. I was very upset about it then in the big picture of things what is a month.

Our homestudy was finally turned into the agency. It took exactly 4 weeks from the date we completed it. They sure weren't in a rush. I'm not sure why it took so long. We were done on May 6th. It was mailed off to USCIS (homeland security) on June 7th. Homeland Security needs our application (filed in late April), fingerprinted (May 19th) and the Homestudy (June 7th). They won't approve us now until father-in-laws fingerprints clear. I hope they clear this time. Please say a prayer to the fingerprint gods!

I was hoping that our paperwork would be to China in July. At this point, it looks like August unless Homeland Security performs a miracle. Once I get the elusive 171H back I need to get it notarized, county sealed, state certified and Houston Chinese Consulate authenticated. Then we have to send everything to the agency. It takes 2 weeks for them to critical review it and then off to China.


Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your post SO much! We also have been done with our paperwork (since April) and waited and waited for our homestudy to be completed and forwarded to CIS and then waited for our fingerprints and finally received our I-171H :):) It was exactly 3 weeks to the day of our fingerprints that we received our 171H!! So that was exciting. It's currently on the way home from the Sec. of State and either today or Monday we'll be getting the authentication from the Chinese consulate and then shipping it off to our agency. We're hoping to make the next group of Dossiers to be mailed next week :) If we make it it will be by the skin of our teeth, but we might actually do it :) Anyway, we are in Houston...is this where you are located? I hope you receive yours soon! Maybe we'll be LID around the same time! Take care!

Jen & Bill said...

Hi, thanks for leaving a commnet.
We are in Atlanta.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the I71H.

Hoping you get to be DTC/LID soon. I'm hoping for August at this point unless a miracle happens!

Anonymous said...

Did your father-in-law get fingerprinted again? I hope it clears QUICKLY!! Hang in there you're getting closer. Just checking on you.