Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Here is my one miracle

I have talked alot about adopting a baby. But I cannot forget, my one true miracle, Emily. Emily was conceived almost 7 years ago. We went through infertility treatments to have her. In fact her conception was 9/15/1999. We found out a month later while we were on a cruise that we were pregnant. I packed pregnancy tests with me. I remember waking up Bill at 4 in the morning because I had to pee and it was time to test. We had such a faint positive that it was hard to see. I only packed 2 tests and this was a 7 day cruise. 2 days later we took another test, positive. We had a hard time believing it was true. Once we were back in the USA -- we ran to Walgreens in New Orleans (where we flew into) and took another test. Positive. Emily was born the following June. She was not a very lovey baby. Didn't like to be held. She did love to swing though. Never napped.

6 years later --- she is smart as a whip. Reads voraciously. What is so great about her is that she is a good person inside and has a great heart. (I know Mommy is prejudice).

Here she is.....


No comments: