Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11



I can hardly believe it has been 5 years. Time certainly does go by fast. Remind me I just said that when I'm complaining about the China wait. I remember vividly where I was. We were having a training class for our desktop upgrade. We had classes going on. Then news started to spread. They had TV's turned on in one of our conference rooms. We saw the towers go down. At that point, Atlanta was shutting down. I work one of the tallest buildings in Atlanta (it might be the tallest). 55 stories high. I work on the 48th floor. Everyone was really nervous that something might happen here so we were closed for that day and the next. I think our eyes were all glued to the tv for the next coming weeks. Immediately following, we had building drill to test if we could walk down. It was very hard. Legs were jello by the time I got down.

Please say a prayer for the families of the victims of 9/11 and our soldiers in the Middle East.

Jen

No comments: